The ideal applicant will have at least 5 years of relevant professional experience working as a Butcher in a food retailer or grocery store and demonstrate excellent product knowledge.
- Be knowledgeable about and have the ability to cut different types of meat
- Provide excellent customer service by assisting guests in selecting items, including cross-selling and up-selling; providing food preparation suggestions and delivering special orders as specified
- Ensure the department is prepared to be open for business (ensuring work area is clean; documenting/removing outdated/spoiled product; restocking; preparing samples, if applicable; merchandising displays and cases)
- Accurately prepare and price product for customers (quantity, weight, size, appearance)
- Restock/merchandise displays and cases throughout the day
- Assist with receipt of product (receiving/verification, ensuring proper documentation, storage, preparation for display on sales floor)