KD MARKET Return Policy
Return Policy Effective: March 1st, 2021
All returns must be made within 14 days of your purchase date.
Returns and exchanges with valid receipt only. All refunds will be issued based on the method of payment. Non-perishable items should be unopened and in the original packaging to be returned.
We do not accept returns of perishable items, except for quality issues.
The following items may not be returned: newspapers, books, magazines, gift cards, lottery and instant tickets, opened alcoholic beverages, seasonal non-food items.
This policy applies to in-store returns of products purchased in KD Market stores.
If an item is returned within the allowable return period with a receipt, the refund will be returned to the original method of payment.
- Cash: If a customer has a receipt and the item was purchased with cash, the customer may receive a cash refund.
- Credit Card: If the item was purchased using a credit card, any refund is required to be issued to that same credit card. If the original credit card is not present, the refund will be processed onto a KD Gift Card.
- Debit: If the item was purchased using a debit card and the receipt shows ‘debit tend’, the refund should be placed back on the debit card if available, or cash can be provided. If the receipt does not show ‘debit tend’ the refund is required to be issued to the same debit card. If the debit card is not present, the refund will be processed onto a KD Gift Card.
The value of the refund will be the price paid on the date of purchase. The value may be adjusted to reflect coupons or special offers received at the time of purchase.
Non Receipted Returns
KD Market will accept a non-receipted return or exchange provided it meets the following conditions:
- Product is labeled KD Market’s private label
- If a customer is a KD Club member and the transaction was made within the last 7 days we might be able to look up the transaction.
If an item is returned within the allowable return period without a receipt and the refund verification process accepts it, the following options are available:
- The merchandise may be exchanged for another item.
- The merchandise may be returned as a KD Gift Card.
SNAP Eligible (Food Stamp) Items
A SNAP eligible item is defined by the USDA as any food or food product for home consumption and specifically excludes certain items from being purchased with SNAP benefits. A SNAP purchased item is any item purchased with a SNAP benefit.
A SNAP eligible item can be returned for a cash refund/credit or gift card only if the customer has a receipt showing the item was not purchased with SNAP. (See “Receipted returns” sections of this policy for restrictions.)
Customer has receipt showing purchase was made with SNAP
- The item may only be exchanged for another SNAP eligible item, or a refund may be made to the customer's SNAP EBT account.
- A cash refund/credit or gift card is not allowed.
Customer has receipt for SNAP eligible item showing purchase was NOT made with SNAP
- The item can be returned for a cash refund/credit or gift card. (See “Receipted returns” sections of this policy for restrictions.)
Customer does not have receipt for SNAP eligible item
- The item must be processed as if purchased with SNAP and can only be exchanged for another SNAP eligible item, or a refund may be made to the customer's SNAP EBT account.
- A cash refund/credit or gift card is not allowed.
- Unopened alcohol products can only be returned with a receipt to the original store in which they were purchased.
The 100% Freshness Guarantee
- If a customer is not completely satisfied with their purchase in Fresh Produce, Meat, Bakery, Hot Food and Service Deli, they can receive a 100% refund of the purchase price by bringing their receipt to the original store where the product was purchased.
- Customers do not need to return the purchased products.
- Associates should follow the process for Receipted Returns when providing a refund to the customer.
- The Fresh Guarantee is subject to limitations for SNAP eligible items.
- Recalled merchandise must be accepted from the customer regardless of when the recall was announced.
- Provide a full cash refund (subject to limitations for SNAP eligible items).
- The customer is not required to provide the receipt, the packaging or components that may have been included with the recalled item
Our Return Policy, We’re Happy to Help
If you’re not happy with your product, let us help you with a return or replacement. Your satisfaction is very important to us. Normally, items purchased in our stores or may be returned or exchanged within fourteen (14) days of purchase with or without a receipt (some restrictions apply).
KD Market reserves the right to warn, limit or decline returns or exchanges regardless of whether the customer has a receipt. All Non-Receipt returns are subject to a refund verification process. All decisions regarding returns are subject to applicable laws. The Store Manager has the authority to make a final decision for all returns.
Below are exceptions to the general fourteen (14) day rule:
- Sales of the gift cards items are final and may not be returned
KD Market reserves the right to modify the terms of this Policy at any time.
Last updated: February 2021